balance


Walking along a fine strand of web this week with Spider. She has most certainly been with me for the greater part of a year. I co-habitat with house spiders living in my bathroom, wolf spiders behind my washer and dryer, and the occasional orb weaver that takes up residence outside my door. Creating webs that entrap and snare, keeping pests and perhaps negative energies away.


Something I had not realized, until the lovely Pixie Campbell announced that Spider would be with us in SouLodge and detailed some amazing things about her, is that spiders cannot see their creations. It is only by cell memory that they craft their webs. Not once do they leave the web to admire and critique their design. That. Blows. My. Mind.

Spider draws connections and along those thin lines hangs the balance between life and death. Bringing my self back to my word of the year and really the word of my life - balance. I am an eight in numerology and my younger years were full of extreme emotions. Add a Leo sun and a Cancer moon, I was all over the place. Centering has been my purpose; grounding the sacred energy.

In my spiritual work, I am torn between action and waiting. In my physical life it is being the leader or being a follower. The truth is that I can be both. Within me resides both.

I am light and I am dark. 
I am a scientist and I am an alchemist.
I think logically and I think magically. 
I lead and I follow.
I swiftly take action and I wait patiently.
I am a queen and I am a warrior.
I am a nerd and I am a goddess. 
I am.

Taking a cue from Spider and trusting my intuition as to when I will be which self and allowing for the connections to guide me right here, right now.

No comments