bliss



Over vacation, sitting in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, I was reading the current Taproot issue. There was an article about finding one's bliss by Holly Bellebuono. Taking the way not traveled. Blazing one's own path.

I will let you in a little to peek at my dark side. I can be an extremely jealous person. In relationships, about other's accomplishments, etc. It was terribly bad when I was a child. The fierce Leo in me used to burn brightly. It made me very competitive and stubborn. Over the years, I have sat with my jealousy and it has tapered. Reading the article, stirred up some old emotions. How I get jealous of people doing the things that I want to do. I wonder how they are capable and why I am not. It's the case of seeing someone with a lollipop and wanting that lollipop even though you weren't in the mood for a lollipop. Ego.

Holly started off the article talking about Joseph Campbell and how he too struggled with finding his bliss.  She then quoted Campbell, "Where there's a way or path, it is someone else's path; each human being is a unique phenomenon. The idea is to find your own pathway to bliss."

What is my bliss?

What do I really find bliss in? I started a list.

stories, forests, mosses, baking
herbs, journeying, sacred movement
meditation, yoga, crafting
photography, observing, traveling
sacred words

Small things that came to mind within a minute or two. I sat with that list. Then one of my journeys came to mind. One at the end of Spring SouLodge, where I was sowing my "seeds" in the four directions: Serenity, Wildness, Truth, and Sacredness. They would be my gifts to the Universe. 

"Each human being is a unique phenomenon." I can feel it when I am blazing my path. My whole being is radiant. Remembering my depth, my ability to observe, and be quiet is part of my path.

Here is where my bliss begins.

No comments