home

Yes, I have arrived home - well to Pennsylvania. I still have another day before I head back to Maryland. As we entered the Keystone state yesterday, it got me thinking about what does home mean to me. And where is home?

I am a born wanderer. Whenever I got somewhere, I immediately got the itch to move on. If I could not get out of the city or town I was in, I would just move to another apartment. Anxiety and worry followed me no matter where I went. There was a lesson in all of this that I had to learn. Through meditation, yoga, and Buddhist teachings there is this concept of sitting right here, right now with what you are and what is around you. There is a wonderful quote by Pema Chodron about this, however I cannot find it right now (will have to share later on). 

After I moved to Easton, I figured I was to be taught a lesson and it was the lesson of sitting. It was also a healing process for my spirit. Even though, I know I don't belong in that area, I am still able to be okay with where I am. It is always a struggle, there are days when I want to fly away. My anxiety has been replaced with serenity, which is lovely. I now know that I am okay with me - anywhere, anyplace. All of these thoughts and perceptions culminated on this trip. I was perfectly content traveling along and sleeping on the ground. For wherever I am, the sun and moon shine. In any place, I am Mandy.


For me me home is not any particular place or structure. I found within myself home

Home is sitting on warm rocks in the sunshine. 


Home is wading through a cool creek.


Home is finding cute little flowers and hugging trees.


Home is sitting on sand and smelling the salty ocean.


Home is when I am grounding my sacred energy. In that lies my true potential.

As with everything in the Universe, home is impermanent and home changes. Home is always down the next path.


Now to find a way to make my wandering home sustainable...

No comments